Afghanistan: Don’t allow warlords to silence Malalai Joya
Malalai Joya is a member of the Afghan parliament which comprises mostly warlords and fundamentalists who are directly or indirectly involved in the gross violations of human rights in Afghanistan. They currently dominate new parliament using their guns, power, money and intimidation.
We have received a request to circulate the following call for action from Defense Committee for Malalai Joya, a member of the Afghan Parliament who is being threatened and intimidated. They request your support in writing to the Afghan authorities.
See the website of the Defense Committee for Malalai Joya for more details and further background.
Defense Committee for Malalai Joya
Submitted on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 00:00
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Silence did not make Sanaz Nezami strong: Facing immigrant domestic violence
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- The ‘anti-women gag law’ in Afghanistan: the pitfalls of hasty conclusions
- Afghanistan: WLUML Welcomes Karzai's Postponement of Criminal Procedures Law
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!