Afghanistan: Don’t allow warlords to silence Malalai Joya
Malalai Joya is a member of the Afghan parliament which comprises mostly warlords and fundamentalists who are directly or indirectly involved in the gross violations of human rights in Afghanistan. They currently dominate new parliament using their guns, power, money and intimidation.
We have received a request to circulate the following call for action from Defense Committee for Malalai Joya, a member of the Afghan Parliament who is being threatened and intimidated. They request your support in writing to the Afghan authorities.
See the website of the Defense Committee for Malalai Joya for more details and further background.
Defense Committee for Malalai Joya
Submitted on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 00:00
- Indonesia: PRESS RELEASE: Women Leaders National Jamboree--230 Women Leaders Building the New Indonesian Economy and Peace
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison
- Keeping Activist Bahareh Hedayat in Prison is Against the Law Says Legal Expert
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS