Afghanistan: Don’t allow warlords to silence Malalai Joya
Malalai Joya is a member of the Afghan parliament which comprises mostly warlords and fundamentalists who are directly or indirectly involved in the gross violations of human rights in Afghanistan. They currently dominate new parliament using their guns, power, money and intimidation.
We have received a request to circulate the following call for action from Defense Committee for Malalai Joya, a member of the Afghan Parliament who is being threatened and intimidated. They request your support in writing to the Afghan authorities.
See the website of the Defense Committee for Malalai Joya for more details and further background.
Defense Committee for Malalai Joya
Submitted on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 01:00
- Missing female Sudanese rights activist found beaten in street
- Egypt: Women's rights activist among 17 facing spurious charges in security forces' 'cover up'
- Bahrain: Authorities continue to target women’s rights defender Ghada Jamsheer
- Kabul mob attack: Women help bury 'wrongly accused' Farkhunda
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!