Iran: UPDATE: Temporary Success: Stoning of Mokarrameh and her Partner Suspended
It is crucial to understand that the stoning sentence of Mokarrameh Ebrahimi and her partner is still legally in effect and it is only the implementation of the sentence that has been suspended. Another woman, Kobra Najjar, who is also the mother of four children and had been forced to prostitution by her husband, a drug addict, is also facing stoning to death after her appeal to the Judiciary Commission for Amnesty and Clemency was rejected for the third time last week. Furthermore, there are at least seven other men and women who are sentenced to stoning for having committed adultery.
In order to save the lives of Mokarrameh Ebrahimi, her partner, Kobra Najjar, and all the other men and women who have been sentenced to stoning, the loud opposition to stoning shall continue until the Iranian legal system puts an end to stoning.
We are urging you to please continue the efforts to abolish stoning in Iran. Together, we can stop stoning forever all over the world.
To learn more about the Stop Stoning Forever Campaign, please visit the site www.stopstoning.org or contact Soheila Vahdati email@example.com in the US and Shadi Sadr firstname.lastname@example.org in Iran.
20 June 2007
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- URGENT ACTION: Iran: A former child bride faces execution by hanging
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Too Young to Wed
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography