Iran: UPDATE: Temporary Success: Stoning of Mokarrameh and her Partner Suspended
It is crucial to understand that the stoning sentence of Mokarrameh Ebrahimi and her partner is still legally in effect and it is only the implementation of the sentence that has been suspended. Another woman, Kobra Najjar, who is also the mother of four children and had been forced to prostitution by her husband, a drug addict, is also facing stoning to death after her appeal to the Judiciary Commission for Amnesty and Clemency was rejected for the third time last week. Furthermore, there are at least seven other men and women who are sentenced to stoning for having committed adultery.
In order to save the lives of Mokarrameh Ebrahimi, her partner, Kobra Najjar, and all the other men and women who have been sentenced to stoning, the loud opposition to stoning shall continue until the Iranian legal system puts an end to stoning.
We are urging you to please continue the efforts to abolish stoning in Iran. Together, we can stop stoning forever all over the world.
To learn more about the Stop Stoning Forever Campaign, please visit the site www.stopstoning.org or contact Soheila Vahdati email@example.com in the US and Shadi Sadr firstname.lastname@example.org in Iran.
20 June 2007
- WE MUST PRESSURE IRAN TO RELEASE CANADIAN ACADEMIC HOMA HOODFAR
- 'Islamic' Chair Cover Gets Iranian Activist In Trouble
- Iranians Love Volleyball, But Half The Population Can't Attend Matches
- UN Special Rapporteur in Field of Cultural Rights on the Paris Attacks: “Crime against humanity, crime against culture”
- What ISIS has done to the lives of women
- ACTION ALERT: Dr. Homa Hoodfar
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Too Young to Wed
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran