Myanmar: Petitions against the violent crackdown on peaceful protestors in Burma
One petition originates from Human Rights First and the other from Avaaz. They are also being circulated by the Center for Women's Global Leadership (CWGL) and by WEAVE, one of the organisations supporting concerns in Burma based in Chiangmai. We encourage you to show your support by signing onto the petitions against the killings and attacks against women and other human rights defenders.
- Turkey: International intellectuals call on the Turkish government to desist from its repression of popular protest
- Iran's 'Zahra' Tells Alternate Tale Of Presidential Campaign
- Myanmar: Police Kill Muslim Women
- Tunisia: European Women go on Trial for Topless Protest
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Sudan: Sudanese WHRDs In Egypt Receive Death Threats
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: Sisters in Islam: Advocacy for change within the religious framework
- WSF: Islamisation and its impact on laws and the law making process in Malaysia
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine