Myanmar: Petitions against the violent crackdown on peaceful protestors in Burma
One petition originates from Human Rights First and the other from Avaaz. They are also being circulated by the Center for Women's Global Leadership (CWGL) and by WEAVE, one of the organisations supporting concerns in Burma based in Chiangmai. We encourage you to show your support by signing onto the petitions against the killings and attacks against women and other human rights defenders.
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Call for Action: Include women in the Syrian peace-building process now!
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: Islamisation and its impact on laws and the law making process in Malaysia