Pakistan: Text of Federal Shariat Court judgment in Zafran Bibi case
The text of the detailed judgment released by the Federal Shariat Court (FSC) in the case of Zafran Bibi.
The FSC had through a short order on June 6, 2002, released Zafran Bibi, ruling that if a woman is coerced into committing Zina, she shall not be liable to any punishment under Hadd on Tazir.
Submitted on Tue, 08/20/2002 - 23:00
- UN Special Rapporteur in Field of Cultural Rights on the Paris Attacks: “Crime against humanity, crime against culture”
- What ISIS has done to the lives of women
- There is no honour in barring women from voting
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Aceh Prepares to Enforce Broader Sharia Criminal Code, With Stiffer Penalties
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Shirkat Gah Newsheet March 2015
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR