Pakistan: Text of Federal Shariat Court judgment in Zafran Bibi case
The text of the detailed judgment released by the Federal Shariat Court (FSC) in the case of Zafran Bibi.
The FSC had through a short order on June 6, 2002, released Zafran Bibi, ruling that if a woman is coerced into committing Zina, she shall not be liable to any punishment under Hadd on Tazir.
Submitted on Tue, 08/20/2002 - 23:00
- Faisalabad: Muslims and Christians together to exonerate a woman accused of blasphemy
- Child brides blot tribal Pakistan
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Sudan: Dozens of Nuba Women Detained in Kadugli/Nuba Mountains
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- CEDAW & MUSLIM FAMILY LAWS: In Search of Common Ground
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms