Philippines: Demand a fair trial in the Subic rape case
The Asia-Japan Women's Resource Center (AJWRC) has launched an international petition campaign for justice for Filipino rape victim by US military forces, since it is one of most serious human rights concerns in East Asia. They request our cooperation in responding to and disseminating this information widely.
In November 2005, a Filipino woman was raped by US Marines. Her cry for justice is also the cry of women in Okinawa, Korea and in many other areas where US military bases are located.
This petition campaign is initiated by Japan Network to Support the Victim of Subic Rape Case in the Philippines, in association with the Task Force Subic Rape. For more details about the case, visit the blog of the Task Force.
Submitted on Fri, 11/03/2006 - 01:00
- Soudan du Sud : des milliers de femmes réduites en esclavage et violées par des soldats
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: