Philippines: Demand a fair trial in the Subic rape case
The Asia-Japan Women's Resource Center (AJWRC) has launched an international petition campaign for justice for Filipino rape victim by US military forces, since it is one of most serious human rights concerns in East Asia. They request our cooperation in responding to and disseminating this information widely.
In November 2005, a Filipino woman was raped by US Marines. Her cry for justice is also the cry of women in Okinawa, Korea and in many other areas where US military bases are located.
This petition campaign is initiated by Japan Network to Support the Victim of Subic Rape Case in the Philippines, in association with the Task Force Subic Rape. For more details about the case, visit the blog of the Task Force.
Submitted on Fri, 11/03/2006 - 00:00
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- Call for Action: Include women in the Syrian peace-building process now!
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)