Philippines: Demand a fair trial in the Subic rape case
The Asia-Japan Women's Resource Center (AJWRC) has launched an international petition campaign for justice for Filipino rape victim by US military forces, since it is one of most serious human rights concerns in East Asia. They request our cooperation in responding to and disseminating this information widely.
In November 2005, a Filipino woman was raped by US Marines. Her cry for justice is also the cry of women in Okinawa, Korea and in many other areas where US military bases are located.
This petition campaign is initiated by Japan Network to Support the Victim of Subic Rape Case in the Philippines, in association with the Task Force Subic Rape. For more details about the case, visit the blog of the Task Force.
Submitted on Fri, 11/03/2006 - 01:00
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating