SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
The law would prohibit the justice system to question relatives of criminal defendants. It will deprive Afghan women and girls access to justice against relatives who commit domestic violence, forced them to marry or even sell them. Only the President can stop this law that has already been passed by the Parliament from being enforced, and he is due to sign it in the coming days.
Please click here and sign the petition. Then make sure to share it with your friends and networks, via email and social media. Spread the word!
- Indonesia: PRESS RELEASE: Women Leaders National Jamboree--230 Women Leaders Building the New Indonesian Economy and Peace
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan court quashes death sentences
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'