SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
The law would prohibit the justice system to question relatives of criminal defendants. It will deprive Afghan women and girls access to justice against relatives who commit domestic violence, forced them to marry or even sell them. Only the President can stop this law that has already been passed by the Parliament from being enforced, and he is due to sign it in the coming days.
Please click here and sign the petition. Then make sure to share it with your friends and networks, via email and social media. Spread the word!
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- Lebanon debates introducing civil marriage
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn