Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
A dedicated human rights activist in Sudan, Abdo Alshakour Isa is being detained incommunicado with no charges, and denied access to lawyers, medical care, and visits from his family.
Abd Alshakour Isa is a 32 year-old Darfuri human rights activist. He is from Makajar city in Wadi Salih area in central Darfur, he is resident in the Garsila area. Abd Alshakour is known for his work in defending the rights of the IDPs of the camps of Aljabalein, Jadda and Alaradeiba in Garsila area. On March 16, 2013, he was arrested in Garsila area by the security.
According to another detainee who was arrested with Abdo Alshakour who was recently released, Abdo Alshakour was arrested in Garsila and transferred later to Zalinji city gate which called Janjaweid gate, where he had been severely tortured and stayed there for one night and then transferred to Aljaneina city in west Darfur, where had been detained there for long period and faced also torture and ill treatment and then he was moved to Khartoum to the Sudanese security detention.
Abdo Alshakour has been denied access to family and lawyers, he is also detained incommunicado. The Sudanese security is detaining Abdo Alshakour with no charges presented, while his well being remains serious concern for his family.
Arry organization call on the Sudanese government to immediately release Abdo Alshakour Isa and reveal his whereabouts. We also call on them to allow him family visits and access to lawyers and medical care.
P LEASE SEND APPEALS TO:
HE Omar Hassan Ahmad Al Bashir
Office of the President
People’s Palace PO Box 281
Fax: +249 183 782 541
Salutation: Your Excellency
Minister of Justice
Ministry of Justice, PO Box 302
Al Nil Avenue
Fax: +249 183 764 168
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Salutation: Your Excellency
And copies to:
Minister of Interior
Ibrahim Mohamed Hamed
Ministry of Interior
PO Box 873
Also send copies to diplomatic representatives accredited to your country
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Sudan: Rape as Weapon of War AU/UN Should Increase Investigations, Reporting on Abuses
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison
- URGENT APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EGYPTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Leaflet: Women In Black Denounce UK Complicity in Atrocities in Sudan
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit