Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
The Sudanese government has started a new arrest campaign against Nuba activists, and specially Nuba Christians. Most of the detainees were detained in Khartoum and in Southern and North Kordofan. Below is an updated list of the detainees and the people in danger of detention. Detainees are also facing inhuman treatment and torture, as some of them are elders and suffer from health problems.
Dozens of Nuba activists and non-activists were reported missing since the crackdown campaign started on May1st, 2013. Most of the detainee’s families do not have any information about their missing ones-their whereabouts remain unknown. The detainees are in danger of torture and ill treatment inside the prisons!
Join us in taking action to help release more than 70 Nuba detainees! Please share and sign the petition here.
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- Iran detains UK citizen over ban on women watching sports alongside men
- Letter to Obama Administration on Egyptian State Violations of Human Rights
- EIPR shocked by continued detention of 23 defendants including an awarded human rights defender
- Press Release on the arrest and detention of Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok