Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
The Sudanese government has started a new arrest campaign against Nuba activists, and specially Nuba Christians. Most of the detainees were detained in Khartoum and in Southern and North Kordofan. Below is an updated list of the detainees and the people in danger of detention. Detainees are also facing inhuman treatment and torture, as some of them are elders and suffer from health problems.
Dozens of Nuba activists and non-activists were reported missing since the crackdown campaign started on May1st, 2013. Most of the detainee’s families do not have any information about their missing ones-their whereabouts remain unknown. The detainees are in danger of torture and ill treatment inside the prisons!
Join us in taking action to help release more than 70 Nuba detainees! Please share and sign the petition here.
- A Ramadan That Uyghurs Will Never Forget
- UN: South Sudan army raped girls and burned them alive
- Indonesia's Aceh bans women from nightspots after 11pm
- Iran: Harsh prison sentences for two female activists highlight rampant injustice
- Egyptian activist Mahinour El-Masry sentenced to 15 months in prison
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System