Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
The Sudanese government has started a new arrest campaign against Nuba activists, and specially Nuba Christians. Most of the detainees were detained in Khartoum and in Southern and North Kordofan. Below is an updated list of the detainees and the people in danger of detention. Detainees are also facing inhuman treatment and torture, as some of them are elders and suffer from health problems.
Dozens of Nuba activists and non-activists were reported missing since the crackdown campaign started on May1st, 2013. Most of the detainee’s families do not have any information about their missing ones-their whereabouts remain unknown. The detainees are in danger of torture and ill treatment inside the prisons!
Join us in taking action to help release more than 70 Nuba detainees! Please share and sign the petition here.
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Sudan: Rape as Weapon of War AU/UN Should Increase Investigations, Reporting on Abuses
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Leaflet: Women In Black Denounce UK Complicity in Atrocities in Sudan
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit