UPDATE: Iran: Wave of arrests: Court again refuses to accept bail posted for 'One Million Signatures' campaigner Zeinab Peyqambarzadeh
Zeinab, who is 23 years old, is a member of the One Million Signatures Campaign, which seeks to end legal discrimination against women in Iran. She is also a journalist working with the social section of Sarmayeh Daily and a member of the Women’s Commission of the student organization, the Office to Foster Unity. She is a university student at Tehran University, where she is studying toward a degree in social science. In September of 2006, Zeinab was charged with participating in student protests in May and June of 2005, and suspended from university for two terms.
To read Mohammad Sharif's full statement, please click here.
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Sudanese WHRDs In Egypt Receive Death Threats
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- SUDAN: Layla Ibrahim Issa - Another woman sentenced to death by stoning. Take action now!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency