UPDATE: Pakistan: Demand action after incident of sexual violence at the Islamic Learning Department of Karachi University
Colleagues at Shirkat Gah, WLUML Asia regional coordination office have been monitoring the situation and have confirmed that they have made efforts to meet with staff from the university departments involved and that the female student is now reported missing. There has been no further news on the incident and despite letters being sent to the judiciary and the university authorities, this case does not have a positive outcome. However, many thanks to those of you who responded.
Submitted on Wed, 01/10/2007 - 01:00
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Aminata Manneh Gender Activist Went Missing After filming a Police Officer Maltreating a Child
- Against their will: Inside Canada’s forced marriages
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka