UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
In order to provide security to Nasima and her family WAF & JAC are continuing to build pressure and trying to hold meetings with the Sindh government to arrange for proper and permanent shelter for Nasima and her family. They are also looking at employment options for her family’s survival.
WAF & JAC have also contributed monetary assistance for the survivor’s family in order to maintain their livelihood this includes provision of food supplies. The case has now been taken up by a human rights activists/lawyer for transferring from District Ghotki to Karachi where the family in now living.
The girl was then taken to the house of one local influential person namely Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano. The mother was released, while the girl was taken into a room. According to the girl, she was first raped by Mr. Mohammad Anwar Hussain Labano and then by his father Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano before she was fainted. She does not clearly remember what happened to her after that. Meanwhile, the girl's mother shouted for help outside the house and several women and men gathered upon hearing her cry. The group shouted and knocked on the door loudly. Afraid that the police might arrive the perpetrators became scared and kicked the naked girl outside the house. When they found no police outside, the perpetrators rudely forced the girl to parade naked through her village.
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- THE DEATH OF A WOMAN-A BRUTAL KILLING CAUSES FEW RIPPLES.
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka