UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
In order to provide security to Nasima and her family WAF & JAC are continuing to build pressure and trying to hold meetings with the Sindh government to arrange for proper and permanent shelter for Nasima and her family. They are also looking at employment options for her family’s survival.
WAF & JAC have also contributed monetary assistance for the survivor’s family in order to maintain their livelihood this includes provision of food supplies. The case has now been taken up by a human rights activists/lawyer for transferring from District Ghotki to Karachi where the family in now living.
The girl was then taken to the house of one local influential person namely Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano. The mother was released, while the girl was taken into a room. According to the girl, she was first raped by Mr. Mohammad Anwar Hussain Labano and then by his father Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano before she was fainted. She does not clearly remember what happened to her after that. Meanwhile, the girl's mother shouted for help outside the house and several women and men gathered upon hearing her cry. The group shouted and knocked on the door loudly. Afraid that the police might arrive the perpetrators became scared and kicked the naked girl outside the house. When they found no police outside, the perpetrators rudely forced the girl to parade naked through her village.
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- 8th CSBR Sexuality Institute - Call for Applications!
- There is no honour in barring women from voting
- ‘It’s a Good Thing’: Military Chief on Virginity Testing of Female Recruits
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- URGENT APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EGYPTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Shirkat Gah Newsheet March 2015
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics