UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
Allowing the transfer applications of gang-rape case of Nasima Labano, pending in the Sessions Court of Mirpur Mathelo, the Sindh High Court ordered the transfer of the case on 13th of August to the Court of District and Sessions Judge of Karachi for further proceedings.
Chief Justice Sabihuddin Ahmed was hearing the application of Hamza Labano, father of Nasima, for transfer of the case from the interior Sindh to the Sessions Court in Karachi.
The father of Nasima also submitted in the Court that his daughter and family members were facing death threats by the respondents.
The girl was then taken to the house of one local influential person namely Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano. The mother was released, while the girl was taken into a room. According to the girl, she was first raped by Mr. Mohammad Anwar Hussain Labano and then by his father Mr. Abdul Sattar Labano before she was fainted. She does not clearly remember what happened to her after that. Meanwhile, the girl's mother shouted for help outside the house and several women and men gathered upon hearing her cry. The group shouted and knocked on the door loudly. Afraid that the police might arrive the perpetrators became scared and kicked the naked girl outside the house. When they found no police outside, the perpetrators rudely forced the girl to parade naked through her village.
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka