UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
The Coherence Panel met on 30-31 August 2006 to finalize, among other things, their report for the Secretary General. We have heard that many critical recommendations on the gender architecture of the UN may be included in the report. At this point, it is critical to send a bold message to the panel members about strengthening operational capacity alongside the normative functions.
Below is a fact sheet that was sent by Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) to members of the Coherence panel, Oslo Meeting, Aug 31 2006.
Submitted on Thu, 08/31/2006 - 23:00
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- IWRAW: Equity or Equality for Women? Understanding CEDAW's Equality Principles