UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
The Coherence Panel met on 30-31 August 2006 to finalize, among other things, their report for the Secretary General. We have heard that many critical recommendations on the gender architecture of the UN may be included in the report. At this point, it is critical to send a bold message to the panel members about strengthening operational capacity alongside the normative functions.
Below is a fact sheet that was sent by Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) to members of the Coherence panel, Oslo Meeting, Aug 31 2006.
Submitted on Fri, 09/01/2006 - 00:00
- Widows’ eviction highlights need to abolish or amend Tanzania’s discriminatory laws, UN experts say
- Challenging Iran's women's rights narrative
- How we can all be women human rights defenders
- Brunei Darussalam's Record on Women's Rights to Face Scrutiny by UN CEDAW
- WLUML networkers champion women’s rights the 26th Session of the Human Rights Council
- Equality, Development and Peace: 2015 and Beyond
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- IWRAW: Equity or Equality for Women? Understanding CEDAW's Equality Principles