UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
The Coherence Panel met on 30-31 August 2006 to finalize, among other things, their report for the Secretary General. We have heard that many critical recommendations on the gender architecture of the UN may be included in the report. At this point, it is critical to send a bold message to the panel members about strengthening operational capacity alongside the normative functions.
Below is a fact sheet that was sent by Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO) to members of the Coherence panel, Oslo Meeting, Aug 31 2006.
Submitted on Thu, 08/31/2006 - 23:00
- Board member Karima Bennoune Appointed Special Rapporteur in the Field of Cultural Rights by the United Nations Human Rights Council
- UN should recognise Shingal massacres as genocide & feminicide
- Protection of the Family resolution increases vulnerabilities and exacerbates inequalities
- UN report says Eritrea committed widespread abuses
- South Sudan: UNICEF warns women and children being victimized ‘with frightening regularity’
- URGENT APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EGYPTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change