Following the publication of articles on progressive interpretations of Islam in our previous issues, we chose to highlight efforts by women historians to trace and recover women's history at the advent of Islam. For the first time we have included pieces on Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world, where women actively struggle for their rights, and a paper on migrants in the UK where the Rushdie affair was a strong indicator of an extremist religious right.
- Women and the Advent of Islam.
- Islam’s Influence on Indonesian Women.
- Background to the Feminist Movement in Egypt.
- Gender Politics in Iran and Afghanistan.
- Divorce Under Muslim Law.
- Pakistani Women in a Changing Society.
- Muslim Immigrant Women in the UK.
This publication is out of print and is unavailable in electronic format.