Documentary Screening: Women in Shroud
Documentary directed by Farid Haerinejad and Mohammed Reza Kazemi. Women in Shroud provides an in-depth look into the efforts of women's rights lawyers and activists to stop the stoning of women in Iran.
This event is part of the Stop Stoning Women – Global Campaign.
Prominent Iranian Human Rights Lawyer Shadi Sadr, who features in the film, will be part of the panel discussion after the screening.
When: 6:30 pm, Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013.
Where: Brockway Room, Conway Hall,
London WC1R 4RL
- Iran's Women's Affairs Chief Feels Powerless To Act
- Iran: Lawyer who won Sakharov human rights award continues her peaceful protests against ban from practicing law.
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Losing Hope in Iran and Egypt
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran