Documentary Screening: Women in Shroud
Documentary directed by Farid Haerinejad and Mohammed Reza Kazemi. Women in Shroud provides an in-depth look into the efforts of women's rights lawyers and activists to stop the stoning of women in Iran.
This event is part of the Stop Stoning Women – Global Campaign.
Prominent Iranian Human Rights Lawyer Shadi Sadr, who features in the film, will be part of the panel discussion after the screening.
When: 6:30 pm, Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013.
Where: Brockway Room, Conway Hall,
London WC1R 4RL
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- "160 Girls": Making legal history in the fight against sexual violence
- Trial of Sudanese activists charged with ‘indecent behaviour’ postponed
- Kyrgyzstan - The Kidnapped Bride
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Who Cares About Stoning? Online Photo Campaign
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Online
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Stop Stoning Women Now - Global Campaign Toolkit