Iran:Nasrin Sotoudeh- Timeline of her professional life, before and after arrest
Nasrin Sotoudeh, 50, is an award-winning lawyer, human rights activist and mother of two who is sentenced to six years in prison. She has been detained and imprisoned since September 2010. Ms. Sotoudeh is a member of the Defenders of Human Rights Center, the One Million Signatures Campaign to Change Discriminatory Laws against Women, and the Society for Protecting the Rights of the Child.
Please download the full report to read more.
|nasrin sotoudeh Final.pdf||667.71 KB|
- For immediate release: Statement on the arrest of Wajeha Al-Huwaider and Fawzia Al-Oyouni and the persecution of human rights activists in Saudi Arabia
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- No Democracy without Women's Equality: Middle East and North Africa
- Crime and Impunity - Sexual Torture of Women in Islamic Republic Prisons
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts