Let the spring flowers blossom: The rise of Arab trade union women leaders
They continue to live with the realities of ongoing wars and revolutions, discrimination and abuse, but Arab women are finding ways to organise for a better future through sisterhood and trade union solidarity across borders.
Through an initiative made possible by PSI affiliates Kommunal, ST and VISION and sponsored by the Swedish trade union development organisation LO-TCO, 33 women trade unionists from across the Middle East and North Africa participated in a regional women’s leadership conference in Tunis on 23-24 March 2013.
To read more download the article attached (pdf.)
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- WLUML Networker Kholoud El-Sayed to Speak at TEDxSuezCanalUniversity
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Tunisia: Aya Chebbi Wins Excellence in Leadership Award.