Let the spring flowers blossom: The rise of Arab trade union women leaders
They continue to live with the realities of ongoing wars and revolutions, discrimination and abuse, but Arab women are finding ways to organise for a better future through sisterhood and trade union solidarity across borders.
Through an initiative made possible by PSI affiliates Kommunal, ST and VISION and sponsored by the Swedish trade union development organisation LO-TCO, 33 women trade unionists from across the Middle East and North Africa participated in a regional women’s leadership conference in Tunis on 23-24 March 2013.
To read more download the article attached (pdf.)
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content