MENA: Mona Eltahawy and Leila Ahmed discuss FP "Why DoThey Hate US" piece
There has been much controversy over a piece written by journalist Mona Eltahawy in the most recent issue of Foreign Policy Magazine entitled "Why Do They Hate Us: The Real War on Women is in the Middle East". Here Eltahawy and renouned scholar Leila Ahmed discuss the controversy.
- India: Activists Press for Participation of Muslim Women
- Myanmar: Police Kill Muslim Women
- Tunisia: European Women go on Trial for Topless Protest
- Lebanon: Lebanese Women Race Towards Empowerment
- Saudi Arabia: "There is not one law in Saudi Arabia that regards violence toward women as an illegal activity": what's really behind Saudi's domestic abuse problem?
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Mapping of resources for women human rights defenders