Some would call me ‘unsexy’,’ uncool’ and brutally hardcore but Yes, I am a feminist and I am not sorry about it. I was born one, I have always been one but maybe I just needed a push to tilt my head above the “surface” and realize that I will be sinking if I don’t defend my identity, my being a woman and the essence of my living.
|Participants at the Feminist Workshop|
I have been an activist all my life but mainly working in the area of children’s rights advocacy until the birth of TYW. Although we have been in the struggle for not too long and still a baby, we have taken giant strides in making our voices heard and joining the band wagon in advocating for the rights and welfare of women globally.
|Yoga at the beach with sisters from Somalia and London|
|A proud Feminist
Haddy Jonga, co-founder of Leadership Development for Young Women, Gambia and participant of WLUML's feminsit leadership held in Banjul, Gambia March 2014
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence