WLUML Networkers Across Continents Join the Global Call to Bring Back Our Girls
28 May 2014
In response to the kidnapping by Boko Haram of over 200 schoolgirls in Chibok in Borno State, Nigeria, the world has mobilised around the BringBackOurGirls hashtag, creating an online frenzy and taking to streets and embassies. Among those protesting for the safe return of the schoolgirls have been various friends and partners from around the Women Living Under Muslim Laws network.
Clockwise from top-left: A WLUML-WELDD participant reads a statement near the Nigerian Embassy in Dakar despite obstruction from gendarmes; WLUML networker and Tunisian blogger Aya Chebbi protests with other delegates at the World Conference on Youth 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka; A show of solidarity from attendants of a WLUML meeting in Kandy, Sri Lanka; Senegalese activists at the action in Dakar; A rally in Kano, Nigeria organised by Isa Wali Empowerment Initiative (IWEI) with Kano Civil Society Forum, and joined by some of the affected community of Chibok; Fatma Emam, Egyptian activist, and WLUML Council member takes part in Egypt’s online campaign.
- Opposing political Islam: Mohamed Brahmi's widow speaks out
- Female Lawmaker Assassinated in Libya
- Quick Thoughts: Zainab Saleh on Iraq
- ISIS advance adds to aid challenges in Iraq’s north
- ON THE OCCUPATION OF MOSUL AND THE CITIES OF WESTERN IRAQ – YANAR MOHAMMED (ORGANIZATION OF WOMEN’S FREEDOM IN IRAQ)
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN
- Women's Chaters and Declarations: Building Another World
- New UN Report: Child, Early and Forced Marriage
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence