Afghanistan: 'Afghan TV Challenges Attitudes Towards Domestic Violence'
Afghanistan has been called one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a woman, and much of that danger lies in the home.
According to the United Nations, more than 87 per cent of all women there suffer from domestic violence.
But now, a radical television show is challenging attitudes to this abuse, inviting women to speak candidly and anonymously about their problems at home.
From Kabul, Tahir Qadiry reports.
Please go to the BBC link below to see the video report.
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!