Arab Region: No Revolutions without Equality and Justice: The struggle for women’s rights in rethinking development in the Arab region
Kinda Mohamadieh highlights the shortcomings of the last two decades of policy practice in the Arab Region. She looks at the positions of feminist and women’s groups on economic and social rights and policies in the Arab region addressing how to enforce equality and gender justic‘e in the policymaking in the region. She discusses the economic and social demands that lie at the heart of the revolutions witnessed in the Arab region, as well as the challenges to reclaiming citizenship and democracy within a system of global governance tilted to serve a mainstream orthodox economic model. She highlights the need for deepening the perspective and position of feminist and women’s groups on economic and social rights and policies in the Arab region.
To download the full report please click on the attachment below.
|No Revolutions without Equality and Justice-The struggle for women’s rights in rethinking development in the Arab region (1).pdf||788.48 KB|
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- Sunila Abeysekera Commemoration: Speech by Nimalka Fernando
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014
- WLUML Annual Report 2013
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Influences of Religious Fundamentalism on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: