Arab Region: No Revolutions without Equality and Justice: The struggle for women’s rights in rethinking development in the Arab region
Kinda Mohamadieh highlights the shortcomings of the last two decades of policy practice in the Arab Region. She looks at the positions of feminist and women’s groups on economic and social rights and policies in the Arab region addressing how to enforce equality and gender justic‘e in the policymaking in the region. She discusses the economic and social demands that lie at the heart of the revolutions witnessed in the Arab region, as well as the challenges to reclaiming citizenship and democracy within a system of global governance tilted to serve a mainstream orthodox economic model. She highlights the need for deepening the perspective and position of feminist and women’s groups on economic and social rights and policies in the Arab region.
To download the full report please click on the attachment below.
|No Revolutions without Equality and Justice-The struggle for women’s rights in rethinking development in the Arab region (1).pdf||788.48 KB|
- Rollback of Women's Rights: Not Just in Afghanistan
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Morocco to change rape marriage law
- After advocacy by women's movement, Morocco makes major reform to rape law
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics