International: London Olympics 2012 Justice for Women
This document is the concerted effort of the Coordination Francaise pour le Lobby Europeen des Femmes, femix Sports, Regards de femmes, European Women’s Lobby, One Law for All, Conseil National des Femmes Francaise, Federation of GAY GAMES. Directed mainly at the Olympic movement in hope that London would mark the turning point, the demand is to end all gender-based discrimination and stereotypes!
Where cultural and/or religious traditions govern political institutions and social mores, women are still subject to constraints linked to gender stereotypes and taboos. In the stadium, under the same law, wearing similar attires, women athletes share with men the joy of exertion and striving for the highest goal.
To download the full document in English and French, please click on the attachment below.
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond