Iran: New Wave of Arrests: Marzieh Rasouli and Parastou Dokouhaki taken to Evin Prison
Iranian security forces have carried out a new wave of arrests of activists and journalists, accusing them of charges such as "acting against national security". Marzieh Rasouli, blogger and jouornalist, is one of the latest arrested on such charges. Pressure on political prisoners is mounting. It has been reported that Ms. Rasouli's personal effects, such as her laptop and mobile phone, were confiscated and when she was arrested. Security officicals said that she was taken to Evin prison.
This week another woman, Parastou Dokouhaki, a blogger and women rights activist, was also arrested. she was taken on Sunday from her home; security forces also confiscated her and her relatives' personal property. It is reported that she too has been transferred to Evin and charged with "propaganda against the regime".
Ms. Rasouli was a freelance journalist working with couple of Reformist newspapers and magazines. Ms. Dokouhaki is a former journalist; she used to report for Reformist and women's rights publications.
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran