Iran: New Wave of Arrests: Marzieh Rasouli and Parastou Dokouhaki taken to Evin Prison
Iranian security forces have carried out a new wave of arrests of activists and journalists, accusing them of charges such as "acting against national security". Marzieh Rasouli, blogger and jouornalist, is one of the latest arrested on such charges. Pressure on political prisoners is mounting. It has been reported that Ms. Rasouli's personal effects, such as her laptop and mobile phone, were confiscated and when she was arrested. Security officicals said that she was taken to Evin prison.
This week another woman, Parastou Dokouhaki, a blogger and women rights activist, was also arrested. she was taken on Sunday from her home; security forces also confiscated her and her relatives' personal property. It is reported that she too has been transferred to Evin and charged with "propaganda against the regime".
Ms. Rasouli was a freelance journalist working with couple of Reformist newspapers and magazines. Ms. Dokouhaki is a former journalist; she used to report for Reformist and women's rights publications.
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Bahrain: Interview with Maryam al-Khawaja "The Regime Oppresses All Bahrainis".
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia criticised over text alerts tracking women's movements.
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja