Last Push for the UN Resolution on WHRDs - Tweet a State Rep!
The resolution for the protection of women human rights defenders is to be discussed in the next 24 hours. This is the first time a resolution on the situation and significance of women human rights defenders has been put on the table. So, we have some hours to make more noise about the importance of the resolution and name the States that are not co-sponsoring or the ones who are silent against the attacks to the spirit of the resolution. Also why not congratulate the ones that have and ask them why supporting the resolution is important!
No African State and very few Asian States have co-sponsored yet. Ask them why not!
For today and tomorrow we proposed to help us sending tweet messages to the State Delegations in the UN. In the attached file, you will find a directory of the particular States we need to address and their Twitter handles.
Feel free to send the message you want, but always using the hashtag #protectWHRDs #WHRDsResol so we can track them.
Messages that might be useful:
FOR STATES THAT HAVEN'T COSPONSORED YET:
Why are you not supporting the full protection of women human rights defenders? #ProtectWHRDs #WHRDsResol
We need you to declared publicly your support for the GA #WHRDsResol #ProtectWHRDs
WHY NOT SEND SEND A MESSAGE TO CONGRATULATE CO-SPONSORS?
#WHRDsResol You are supporting the protection of women defenders through cosponsoring GA resol. Tell us why its important.
List of co-sponsors so far:
Afghanistan, Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia , Germany , Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, UK, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
|TWITTER addresses NY UN missions.doc||43 KB|
- A plea to the new High Commissioner for Human Rights: defend women's rights
- Due diligence for women's human rights: transgressing conventional lines
- CPD47 Statement: It’s Unacceptable for Youth SRHR to be Deemed “too Controversial”
- UN women's rights resolution passed despite backlash
- GOVERNMENTS SHOULD SUPPORT STRONG INTERNATIONAL RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Islam, Land, and Property: Muslim Women and Property
- Pathways to, conditions and consequences of incarceration for women
- Summary of information from States Members of the United Nations and other relevant stakeholders on best practices in the application of traditional values while promoting and protecting human rights and upholding human dignity
- Stop Stoning Women Now - Global Campaign Toolkit