Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
A senior female member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice party (PTI) was shot dead outside her home in Karachi.
"The assailants opened fire on Zahra, 60, as soon as she reached the gate of her residence. Apparently they were there to target her only," an official said. Hussain died on her way to hospital, it was reported. Imran Khan blamed the city's dominant MQM party, a claim the party has denied, and the British government, for Hussain's murder in a series of tweets. "I am shocked and deeply saddened by the brutal killing of Zara Shahid Hussain, Zara apa to us, in Karachi tonite. A targeted act of terror!"
For more information, please click here.
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- Compromise with political Islam is impossible
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Statement Of Solidarity With The Women Of Iraq
- Philippines: Senior Abu Sayyaf leader swears oath to ISIS
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!