Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
A senior female member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice party (PTI) was shot dead outside her home in Karachi.
"The assailants opened fire on Zahra, 60, as soon as she reached the gate of her residence. Apparently they were there to target her only," an official said. Hussain died on her way to hospital, it was reported. Imran Khan blamed the city's dominant MQM party, a claim the party has denied, and the British government, for Hussain's murder in a series of tweets. "I am shocked and deeply saddened by the brutal killing of Zara Shahid Hussain, Zara apa to us, in Karachi tonite. A targeted act of terror!"
For more information, please click here.
- Faisalabad: Muslims and Christians together to exonerate a woman accused of blasphemy
- Child brides blot tribal Pakistan
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers