Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
According to the news received from Saudi Arabia Rizana Nafeek, who has been the Dawadami Prison since 2005 may be executed at any moment. This was revealed to the BBC Sinhala Service by Dr. Kifaya Iftekhar, who is based in Saudi Arabia and who has been looking after the interests of Rizana for several years now. Dr. Iftekhar also said that the Sri Lankan government has been informed by the Saudi authorities of the possibility of her impending execution.
- Protect Sri Lankan Muslim Journalist Sharmila Seyyid Who Supports Sex Workers’ Rights: Muslim Civil Society
- Sri Lanka: Chronicle of a death online
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka