Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
According to the news received from Saudi Arabia Rizana Nafeek, who has been the Dawadami Prison since 2005 may be executed at any moment. This was revealed to the BBC Sinhala Service by Dr. Kifaya Iftekhar, who is based in Saudi Arabia and who has been looking after the interests of Rizana for several years now. Dr. Iftekhar also said that the Sri Lankan government has been informed by the Saudi authorities of the possibility of her impending execution.
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Nigeria: Local women's groups protest bill on 'indecent clothing'
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana)
- Bahrain: Women's Struggle Against Artificial Reforms