Tunisia: Amina Tyler, Tunisia’s ‘topless jihad’ Activist, Caught and Under Arrest
After months of reportedly going into hiding, the outspoken Tunisian feminist who sparked a trend of “topless jihad” has been found and arrested by Tunisian authorities earlier this week and may be charged for conducting “provocative acts.”
Amina Tyler, 19, was found in the midst of police scuffles with hardline Salafist group Ansar al-Shariah in the central Tunisian city of Kairouan on Sunday.
For more information, please click here.
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*