USA: CWGL’s Founding Director and Senior Scholar, Charlotte Bunch, honored through the creation of a Human Rights Defenders Award
Professor Charlotte Bunch will be honored today at the Global Fund for Women’s 25th Anniversary Gala with a human rights award named in her honor. The inaugural Charlotte Bunch Human Rights Defender Award will be launched and presented to three women’s rights advocates. The awardees are Mónica Roa from Women’s Link Worldwide in Colombia, Mozn Hassan from Nazra Institute for Feminist Studies in Egypt, and Stasa Zajovic from Women in Black in Serbia.
“For the last 25 years, the Global Fund for Women has provided women globally with the resources necessary to make the human rights of women a reality. I am thrilled to be honored at the Gala; I see this as a tribute to women’s rights defenders everywhere and to the next generation of feminist activists who are bringing the women’s movement into the 21st century,” said Charlotte Bunch.
"On behalf of the Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL), I would like to congratulate Charlotte on this important award and recognition. As a defender of women’s human rights herself, this recognition is yet another testimony to her life’s work," noted Dr. Radhika Balakrishnan, CWGL’s Executive Director.
The Center for Women’s Global Leadership works to advance women’s rights and social justice worldwide. CWGL is a founding member of the Women’s Human Rights Defenders International Coalition, an initiative created to support women human rights defenders everywhere.
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- France and Islamic feminism: intersectionality in the Republic
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- Honoring Feminist and Women Human Right Defenders Who are No Longer with Us
- Unity around the demand for a quota within the women's movement in Egypt
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- USA: Polygamy related abuses in Utah
- USA: Alert as USA hints at attacks on other countries
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- No Democracy without Women's Equality: Middle East and North Africa