WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
Cairo will be the setting for WLUML's third transformational feminist leadership workshop (and the second for the Middle East and North Africa region) between the 7th and 14th of December this year. The workshop - part of our Women's Empowerment and Leadership Development for Democratisation programme (WELDD) - will bring together young female activists from around the MENA region.
Following recent political upheavals, this workshop will explore conceptual and practical understandings of feminist leadership, by locating it within the current context of ‘political change’, where there is opportunity to increase women’s political participation. With a specific focus on creating transnational, transformational leadership, the workshop aims to explore feminist definitions of leadership; leadership qualities, traits and skills; and how feminist leadership can be sustained.
The Cairo workshop will be an exciting opportunity for activists to come together to share their insight on advancing women's rights in the MENA region, under the expert guidance of experienced women's rights activists.
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content