WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
Cairo will be the setting for WLUML's third transformational feminist leadership workshop (and the second for the Middle East and North Africa region) between the 7th and 14th of December this year. The workshop - part of our Women's Empowerment and Leadership Development for Democratisation programme (WELDD) - will bring together young female activists from around the MENA region.
Following recent political upheavals, this workshop will explore conceptual and practical understandings of feminist leadership, by locating it within the current context of ‘political change’, where there is opportunity to increase women’s political participation. With a specific focus on creating transnational, transformational leadership, the workshop aims to explore feminist definitions of leadership; leadership qualities, traits and skills; and how feminist leadership can be sustained.
The Cairo workshop will be an exciting opportunity for activists to come together to share their insight on advancing women's rights in the MENA region, under the expert guidance of experienced women's rights activists.
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn