Worldwide: Rights at Home Project
Source:The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM)
An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities.
The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM) commenced the three-year project 'Rights at Home: An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities' on 1 October 2001. Focusing on selected communities within the Islamic world, 'Rights at Home' intends to supplement current legalistic approaches to human rights with a broader analysis and action at the societal level in order to mediate the dichotomy between the public and private spheres, and between modernized and traditional segments of society, in favour of greater respect of human rights within an Islamic framework, particularly with respect to the rights of women and children.
Submitted on Tue, 04/01/2003 - 00:00
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond