Worldwide: Rights at Home Project
Source:The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM)
An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities.
The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM) commenced the three-year project 'Rights at Home: An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities' on 1 October 2001. Focusing on selected communities within the Islamic world, 'Rights at Home' intends to supplement current legalistic approaches to human rights with a broader analysis and action at the societal level in order to mediate the dichotomy between the public and private spheres, and between modernized and traditional segments of society, in favour of greater respect of human rights within an Islamic framework, particularly with respect to the rights of women and children.
Submitted on Tue, 04/01/2003 - 00:00
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Women's Sport as Politics in Muslim Contexts
- Women's Organisations in the West Asia Region: A Needs Assessment
- THE DUE DILIGENCE PRINCIPLE AND THE ROLE OF THE STATE: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN IN FAMILY AND CULTURAL LIFE
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015