Worldwide: Rights at Home Project
Source:The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM)
An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities.
The International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern World (ISIM) commenced the three-year project 'Rights at Home: An Approach to the Internalization of Human Rights in Family Relations in Islamic Communities' on 1 October 2001. Focusing on selected communities within the Islamic world, 'Rights at Home' intends to supplement current legalistic approaches to human rights with a broader analysis and action at the societal level in order to mediate the dichotomy between the public and private spheres, and between modernized and traditional segments of society, in favour of greater respect of human rights within an Islamic framework, particularly with respect to the rights of women and children.
Submitted on Mon, 03/31/2003 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- WLUML Annual Report 2013
- Influences of Religious Fundamentalism on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN