Iraq: Women and men working in equal partnership for the future of Iraq
A recent meeting was held in London with Iraqi women’s organizations from the diaspora, UNIFEM UK, and a number of UK women’s organizations to discuss how to ensure women’s participation in post-conflict reconstruction in Iraq.
One of the outcomes of the meeting was an advocacy and action plan for the following weeks and months.
Submitted on Wed, 04/23/2003 - 00:00
- Surge in sexual abuse by Egypt authorities, report says
- Interview: These Yezidi Girls Escaped ISIS. Now what?
- Libya: Civil rights activist murdered in Tripoli
- Saudi Arabia: ‘Dear King Salman, why I’m terrified about our Saudi future,’ by a loyal subject
- Egypt: update 18 dead, 52 injured on January 25 anniversary
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Iraq: Campaign to affirm Personal Status Law and remove Article 41 from the constitution