India: Website launch for the Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
Source:Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
In 1993, concerned over growing communalism and the need to redefine the concept of secularism for a cohesive society, a group of eminent academics, social activists and prominent citizens mobilised and formed the CSSS.
The new website includes publications such as Secular Perspective, Islam and Modern Age and the Indian Journal of Secularism in addition to information about the work and activities of the centre.
Submitted on Wed, 04/30/2003 - 23:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- India: All four men found guilty in Delhi gang-rape trial
- Nigeria: Sharia's Rise in Nigeria Incited Stoning Sentences
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues