India: Website launch for the Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
Source:Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
In 1993, concerned over growing communalism and the need to redefine the concept of secularism for a cohesive society, a group of eminent academics, social activists and prominent citizens mobilised and formed the CSSS.
The new website includes publications such as Secular Perspective, Islam and Modern Age and the Indian Journal of Secularism in addition to information about the work and activities of the centre.
Submitted on Thu, 05/01/2003 - 00:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 28: The secular state and citizenship in Muslim countries
- Dossier 28: Secularism - a precondition for democracy?
- Dossier 28: Secular women's activism in contemporary Egypt