Iraq: Initiatives to address women's active participation in post-conflict reconstruction
In recent weeks numerous actors from within the United Nations, national governments, civil society organizations and media have mobilized to address the situation of women in Iraq.
They also met to ensure that Iraqi women are included in the “reconstruction” process currently underway. Considering the number and diversity of these recent efforts, as well as the on-going mobilization on this issue, PeaceWomen has compiled a list of some of these initiatives, including civil society, UN and government initiatives. It is neither complete nor comprehensive but rather a strategic first attempt to see what has been done and what the next steps might be as well as an update on current initiatives.
Submitted on Tue, 05/13/2003 - 00:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!