Iraq: Women living in fear
Most of the theatrical gowns designed by Feryal Kilidar over 32 years have gone up in smoke – burned by looters.
Her studio had been located in the government-owned House of Fashion, but that has become the headquarters of an upstart political party called the Higher Council to Liberate Iraq. The party platform is a work in progress, but on this the members are clear: Under the Baath Party government, the House of Fashion was a warren of corrupt and un-Islamic activities.
Submitted on Mon, 06/02/2003 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting