Nigeria: Stoning appeal adjourned
Amina Lawal has had her appeal adjourned until 27 August 2003 as she seeks to overturn a conviction for adultery.
She has been sentenced to die by stoning, the severest of all punishments under Islamic laws now practised in the country's majority-Muslim northern states.
Submitted on Thu, 06/05/2003 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues