Kashmir: Kashmiri women's initiative for peace and disarmament (KWIPD)
Voices Unheard - a quarterly newsletter.
Voices Unheard is a quarterly newsletter published by the Kashmir based KWIPD. It is an attempt to highlight the plight of women in war zones. Women, being the most vulnerable, account for the vast majority of those adversely affected by armed conflict. Women have the unique ability to bridge seemingly insurmountable divides. Armed conflict brings its own distinct forms of violence against women. Stories, anecdotes and situation reports about women, especially their fortitude, sufferings, ordeal and awareness about their basic rights will be the main focus.
Submitted on Thu, 06/12/2003 - 00:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Turkey: Demand the release of members of the Peace Caravan
- UPDATE - Iraq: Giuliana Sgrena has been released
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001
- Occasional Paper 13: Women's Peacecast V - In Search of Justice, Human Rights and a Just Peace