Egypt: Egyptian civil society organisations condemn the treatment of Egyptian human rights NGOs
Egyptian Human Rights and Civil Society Organizations express their protest regarding the Ministry of Social Affairs' rejection of the registration of two Egyptian human rights organizations: the Land Center for Human rights and New Woman Research Center.
The Ministry refused the registration of both organizations upon the request of Security Authorities. The protest is not only because of the rejection of those two organizations, who have contributed a lot to the protection and advocacy for human and women's rights, but also because this security directed orientation of the Egyptian government is a violation of all constitutional rules and those included in all human rights conventions endorsed by the Egyptian government.
Submitted on Sun, 06/15/2003 - 23:00
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- Dossier 28: Secular women's activism in contemporary Egypt
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism