Egypt: Egyptian civil society organisations condemn the treatment of Egyptian human rights NGOs
Egyptian Human Rights and Civil Society Organizations express their protest regarding the Ministry of Social Affairs' rejection of the registration of two Egyptian human rights organizations: the Land Center for Human rights and New Woman Research Center.
The Ministry refused the registration of both organizations upon the request of Security Authorities. The protest is not only because of the rejection of those two organizations, who have contributed a lot to the protection and advocacy for human and women's rights, but also because this security directed orientation of the Egyptian government is a violation of all constitutional rules and those included in all human rights conventions endorsed by the Egyptian government.
Submitted on Mon, 06/16/2003 - 00:00
- ACTION ALERT: Dr. Homa Hoodfar
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Sudan: Beyond Trousers
- Reclaiming the Streets for Women’s Dignity: Effective Initiatives in the Struggle against Gender-Based Violence in between Egypt’s Two Revolutions
- The Politics of Mobilising for Gender Justice in Egypt from Mubarak to Morsi and Beyond
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System