Worldwide: Let's not reduce God to a mere policeman
Source:The Toronto Star
In an article in The Toronto Star, Raheel Raza, a Pakistani-Canadian, urges fellow Muslims not to reduce God to the role of a mere policeman.
Raheel Raza is a Toronto based media consultant and a founding member of the Muslim Canadian Congress. She has regularly written in the Toronto Star about her frustrations with Muslims who continue to pursue a narrow and restrictive view of Islam.
Submitted on Wed, 06/25/2003 - 00:00
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Afghanistan: Afghan Women’s Affairs Aide Shot Months After Killing of Predecessor.
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues