Worldwide: Women's Voices in War Zones
Since Sept. 11, 2001 there has been constant public reference to concepts of terror, war, and security, but little debate about their meaning and the voices of women and girls have been conspicuously absent from the discussion.
To bring forward women's ideas on this subject, and enable them to be heard in the public arena, Women's WORLD, a global free speech network of feminist writers, initiated a writing contest, co-sponsored by The Nation Institute, whose mission is to defend freedom of expression and strengthen the independent media. The subject is Women's Voices in War Zones.
Submitted on Thu, 07/03/2003 - 00:00
- Sunila Abeysekera Commemoration: Speech by Nimalka Fernando
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Syria's female refugees facing poverty, harassment and isolation
- Lebanon’s Closed Doors for Palestinian Refugees
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics