Malaysia: Sisters in Islam (SIS) launch new website
SIS is a group of Muslim professional women committed to promoting the rights of women within the framework of Islam.
Our efforts to promote the rights of Muslim women are based on the principles of equality, justice and freedom enjoined by the Qur’an as made evident during our study of the holy text.
Submitted on Wed, 07/09/2003 - 00:00
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Contradictory statements over caning sentence