Malaysia: Sisters in Islam (SIS) launch new website
SIS is a group of Muslim professional women committed to promoting the rights of women within the framework of Islam.
Our efforts to promote the rights of Muslim women are based on the principles of equality, justice and freedom enjoined by the Qur’an as made evident during our study of the holy text.
Submitted on Tue, 07/08/2003 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Contradictory statements over caning sentence