Malaysia: Sisters in Islam (SIS) launch new website
SIS is a group of Muslim professional women committed to promoting the rights of women within the framework of Islam.
Our efforts to promote the rights of Muslim women are based on the principles of equality, justice and freedom enjoined by the Qur’an as made evident during our study of the holy text.
Submitted on Wed, 07/09/2003 - 00:00
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Contradictory statements over caning sentence