Jordan: MPs reject khuloe amendment, which allows women to divorce without consent
The Civil Status Temporary Law, which raised the age of marriage for both men and women to 18 and allowed women to file for divorce, was hotly contested by many of the 110 deputies.
Submitted on Mon, 08/04/2003 - 23:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- Murder in the Name of Honour: The true story of one woman’s heroic fight against an unbelievable crime.