Jordan: MPs reject khuloe amendment, which allows women to divorce without consent
The Civil Status Temporary Law, which raised the age of marriage for both men and women to 18 and allowed women to file for divorce, was hotly contested by many of the 110 deputies.
Submitted on Tue, 08/05/2003 - 00:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'