Jordan: MPs reject khuloe amendment, which allows women to divorce without consent
The Civil Status Temporary Law, which raised the age of marriage for both men and women to 18 and allowed women to file for divorce, was hotly contested by many of the 110 deputies.
Submitted on Mon, 08/04/2003 - 23:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- Murder in the Name of Honour: The true story of one woman’s heroic fight against an unbelievable crime.
- 2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana)
- Bahrain: Women's Struggle Against Artificial Reforms