Experts Examine Nationality Laws Restricting Women's And Children's Rights in the Arab World
Throughout the Arab world, many women, their husbands and their children suffer hardships due to nationality laws that make it difficult or impossible for a woman married to a non-national (even an Arab or Muslim) to pass her nationality to her children.
Submitted on Sun, 08/10/2003 - 23:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted