Nigeria: Nigeria delays stoning decision
An Islamic court in the northern Nigerian state of Katsina has postponed for one month its ruling on the appeal of Amina Lawal.
Submitted on Wed, 08/27/2003 - 23:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Nigeria: The Senate revokes the amendment to marriage age limit!
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws
- UPDATE: Iran: Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani case: another test of Iran's flawed justice system