Afghanistan: What good friends left behind
Two years ago, as the bombs began to drop, George Bush promised Afghanistan 'the generosity of America and its allies'. Now, the familiar old warlords are regaining power, religious fundamentalism is renewing its grip and military skirmishes continue...
Submitted on Tue, 09/23/2003 - 00:00
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Surge in sexual abuse by Egypt authorities, report says
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn