Afghanistan: Women's rights group dissatisfied with draft constitution
Source:Women for Afghan Women
Women for Afghan Women said it is "disappointed that Afghanistan's newly released draft constitution is weak in its affirmation of women's rights."
Their statement said the organization's "overriding concern is that the draft constitution, with its heavy reliance on Islam, leaves the law of the land vulnerable to extremist religious interpretations that are in opposition to women's human rights."
Submitted on Tue, 11/11/2003 - 00:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn