Afghanistan: Afghan women demand more rights
Women delegates at Afghanistan's loya jirga, or grand assembly, have accused their male colleagues of trying to leave them out of leadership positions.
Submitted on Wed, 12/17/2003 - 01:00
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Yemen law on child brides and FGM offers hope of wider progress
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Silence did not make Sanaz Nezami strong: Facing immigrant domestic violence
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn