Afghanistan: Afghan women demand more rights
Women delegates at Afghanistan's loya jirga, or grand assembly, have accused their male colleagues of trying to leave them out of leadership positions.
Submitted on Wed, 12/17/2003 - 01:00
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn