India: Communal Harmony Award to Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer
Source:South Asia Citizens Wire
Association for Communal Harmony (ACHA), USA, gave Communal Harmony award for 2002-2003 to Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer on 7th December, 2003 in Oregon state. A function to give award was held on 8th December, 2003 and it was broadcast by a Radio channel.
Dr. Engineer was connected on phone line to give his message to the audience and to convey his acceptance of this award.
He spoke on the phone line and said "I accept the award in all humility and I am grateful to ACHA for giving me this honour. I will continue to work for Communal Harmony in India until the last breath of my life. The danger has increased manifold after the BJP came to power and recently won elections in three states in Hindi heartland. There is a great need to intensify activities to contain communal forces and promote communal harmony and interfaith understanding."
Submitted on Mon, 12/22/2003 - 00:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- India: All four men found guilty in Delhi gang-rape trial
- Nigeria: Sharia's Rise in Nigeria Incited Stoning Sentences
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues