India: Communal Harmony Award to Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer
Source:South Asia Citizens Wire
Association for Communal Harmony (ACHA), USA, gave Communal Harmony award for 2002-2003 to Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer on 7th December, 2003 in Oregon state. A function to give award was held on 8th December, 2003 and it was broadcast by a Radio channel.
Dr. Engineer was connected on phone line to give his message to the audience and to convey his acceptance of this award.
He spoke on the phone line and said "I accept the award in all humility and I am grateful to ACHA for giving me this honour. I will continue to work for Communal Harmony in India until the last breath of my life. The danger has increased manifold after the BJP came to power and recently won elections in three states in Hindi heartland. There is a great need to intensify activities to contain communal forces and promote communal harmony and interfaith understanding."
Submitted on Mon, 12/22/2003 - 01:00
- India: Activists Press for Participation of Muslim Women
- Saudi Arabia: "There is not one law in Saudi Arabia that regards violence toward women as an illegal activity": what's really behind Saudi's domestic abuse problem?
- Malaysia: Outrage After Sharia Court Allows Rapist to Marry His 13-year-old Victim
- Iran: Iran’s ban on female presidential candidates contradicts Constitution
- Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws