Bangladesh: How important is assertion of identity?
Source:The Daily Star-Dhaka
Don't get me wrong. I understand as well as anyone the need to assert one's religious identity. There are times when you want -- when you demand -- to stand up and be counted.
Submitted on Thu, 01/08/2004 - 00:00
- Iran's Women's Affairs Chief Feels Powerless To Act
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Iran: Lawyer who won Sakharov human rights award continues her peaceful protests against ban from practicing law.
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Bangladesh: Continued attacks on the Ahmadiyya community
- UPDATE: Bangladesh: Continued attacks on the Ahmadiyya community
- UPDATE: Bangladesh: The situation of the Ahmadiyya (Qadiani) community is deteriorating rapidly
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013