Bangladesh: How important is assertion of identity?
Source:The Daily Star-Dhaka
Don't get me wrong. I understand as well as anyone the need to assert one's religious identity. There are times when you want -- when you demand -- to stand up and be counted.
Submitted on Thu, 01/08/2004 - 01:00
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh building collapse kills scores
- Bangladesh: Blasphemy, Genocide and Violence Against Women: the case of Bangladesh
- United Kingdom: Church of England Bishops Plot Response to Vote to Exclude Women.
- Egypt: Islamic Veil on Board EgyptAir Flights for First Time.
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Bangladesh: Continued attacks on the Ahmadiyya community
- UPDATE: Bangladesh: Continued attacks on the Ahmadiyya community
- UPDATE: Bangladesh: The situation of the Ahmadiyya (Qadiani) community is deteriorating rapidly
- WLUML Newsletter 4
- WSF: 'Apostates', Ahmadis and advocates: Use and abuse of offences against religion in Bangladesh
- WSF: The rise of the religious right in Bangladesh: Taslima Nasrin and the media
- Moving Forward Together: Emotional Well-being after Disasters - A Manual for Relief Workers
- Rising from the Rubble