Spain: Imam rapped for wife-beating book
A Muslim cleric who wrote a book that advised men how to beat up their wives without leaving incriminating marks has been sentenced by a Spanish court.
Submitted on Thu, 01/15/2004 - 00:00
- Do we care enough about sexual violence?
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- "160 Girls": Making legal history in the fight against sexual violence
- Trial of Sudanese activists charged with ‘indecent behaviour’ postponed
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- Who Cares About Stoning? Online Photo Campaign
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Online
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change